Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Adjudications

I inquired today about my status regarding my security clearance. I found out that I am in adjudications. I wish I knew what this really meant, other than it goes to a panel who decides whether or not to give me a Top Secret clearance.

Supposedly the process takes about a week, though it varies from person to person. Considering today is 10/13 and my TCD is 10/20, I may be one of the 1-week people. Let us hope.

One of the A-100 board's frequent contributors gave me some good advice: if your Med hasn't come through by the time you get your TS, try to have it expedited. Since Med is over a month behind schedule, I will do just that (assuming I get my clearance, of course).

My patience is wearing thin. I realize others have gone through much longer waits than I, but I don't think those people had to go back to waiting tables for a national chain in the morning.

No comments: