Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Shoulders are Unburdened

I had my security investigation meeting on the 10th, and I have to say that I am feeling much better after having met with my investigator. He was very professional, friendly, and made me feel immediately at ease. We went through the standard questions (160 or so, though I was not asked all of them) and then the two follow-up personal questions.

So far, six investigators have been involved in my case (a lot!), but they are all getting things done in a timely manner. I definitely appreciate that. My tax problems have been cleared up, and I was issued a Certificate of Compliance, meaning that I am completely up-to-date as of right now with my taxes, and nothing is outstanding or owed on my account. Fantastic! I was able to get this to my investigation coordinator within two hours of his request this morning. I am feeling much more confident in my ability to claim a TS clearance. I hope I am not proved wrong!

Now, I'm just waiting to hear back (I'm sure it will be a few months). I am keeping my fingers crossed for an invite to the 150th A-100 in January.

No comments: