Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pandora's Box

My security investigation has been opened and two of my contacts have been, well, contacted. And I have SO much to accomplish before I meet with my security investigator. (Insert sigh here.)

A year ago I wouldn't have predicted myself being where I am today; maybe in a few years, sure, but not here, not now. And certainly I wouldn't have predicted this back in 2002. Which is a shame. As a decidedly naive 20-something, I neglected to take care of my taxes the way they should have been. Federal? Filed. State? Not so much. After a call to the DoR, I realized that I was missing SEVEN years of state taxes. This isn't to say that I OWE seven years of state taxes; I merely neglected to file them. In reality, they owe me a refund for each year I missed, but I won't be receiving those refunds now, and the absenteeism of paperwork is making me look rather foolish and irresponsible. I can only hope that my status of not owing taxes will be a large mitigating factor in having security and suitability panels vote in my favor.

Otherwise, dear readers, I am officially up the metaphorical river without a paddle. At least until next year.

Consider this my lesson learned.

No comments: