Thursday, November 19, 2009

True Callings

There are two things I've been passionate about for a very long time: ice hockey and travel. We obviously know where my love of travel has gotten me (and I am traveling for the FOURTH time this year; this time to Sweden), but where does my other passion fit in?

I started playing hockey when I was 8, and it was the one thing I never gave up on. In fact, the draw to play was so strong that even after my equipment was stolen five years ago, I went out and bought all brand new gear. I dropped $2,300 over the last few weeks buying new goalie stuff, and it made me feel so good to know that I get to play again. I'm not part of a league or anything (yet). But, still, when I put on that mask today, it was like I had been transported.

It sounds silly to say, but my heart feels so full right now! I have missed this sport so much. It's like regaining part of my identity.

This mask, while designed for ice hockey, will be coming with me to Sweden.

1 comment: